Frequently Asked Questions
- What should I put in my shoe box?
- We have put together a list of suggestions and things to avoid when packing your box. Please go to our page, "How to Pack A Shoe Box".
- Do I have to use a shoe box?
- No, you may also use a similarly sized plastic storage container with a removable lid or other similarly sized box.
- Can I wrap my shoe box?
- Yes, but please remember to wrap the lid separately.
- Where should I take my finished shoe box?
- We have drop-off locations around the nation. Find the center closest to you here.
OR you may send completed boxes year-round to our headquarters:
Operation Christmas Child Samaritan's Purse P.O. Box 3000 801 Bamboo Road Boone, NC 28607
- Where will my shoe box be delivered?
- Shoe box destination countries vary from year to year depending on the need. Operation Christmas Child asks for a $7 or more contribution for each shoe box you prepare to help cover shipping and other project costs. If you would like to find out the destination country of your shoe box, please use our EZ Give program. During the holiday season, donors who decide to participate in the EZ Give program will receive an email alert, announcing their shoebox destination.
- If I send more than one box, can I write one check for all of them?
- Yes, you may write one check for them all and place it in any one of your boxes.
- What is the mission of Operation Narnia?
- The mission of Operation Narnia is to bring Christmas to over 8 million needy children around the world.
- What is Operation Christmas Child?
- Operation Christmas Child is a project of Samaritan's Purse, the international Christian relief and evangelism organization headed by Franklin Graham. Since 1993, Operation Christmas Child has hand-delivered shoe box gifts in over 130 countries to more than 77 million children suffering from poverty, disaster, disease, and war.